Winning Bizness Desk
Mumbai. Maruti Suzuki India Limited is recalling 9,925 units of its three models Wagon R, Celerio and Ignis. The reason for this is a fault in the rear brake assembly pin. These vehicles were manufactured between August 3 and September 1, 2022. The parts are being arranged for replacement and the authorized workshop will contact the customers for the same. Maruti in the BSE filing said, "There may be a defect in the rear brake assembly pin, which may break and produce a strange noise." Brake performance can also be affected in the long run. Keeping in view the safety of the customers and as a precautionary measure, it has been decided to recall the suspicious vehicles for investigation and replacement of defective parts.
1,81,754 cars were recalled last year
Last year too, Maruti Suzuki recalled 1,81,754 cars sold in the Indian market. These cars were produced between 4 May 2018 to 27 October 2020. The company says that there may be some defects in the safety features of these cars. The list included Ciaz, S-Cross, Vitara Brezza, 7 seater Ertiga and XL6.
Major cases of vehicle recalls in the country
1. Baleno and WagonR Recall: In July 2020, Maruti had recalled 1,34,885 units of WagonR and Baleno. These models were produced between November 15, 2018 and October 15, 2019. The company had recalled vehicles due to a fault in the fuel pump.
2. Maruti Eeco Recall: In November 2020, the company had recalled 40,453 units of Eeco. The company took this decision due to the missing standard symbol on the headlamp of the vehicle. The recall included Eeco manufactured between November 4, 2019 and February 25, 2020.
3. Mahindra Pickup Recall: In 2021, Mahindra & Mahindra recalled 29,878 units of its commercial pickup vehicles. The company had said that a fluid pipe is to be replaced in some pickup vehicles to be manufactured between January 2020 and February 2021.
4. Mahindra Thar Recall: Mahindra & Mahindra recalled 1577 units of the diesel variant of its offroad SUV Thar in February 2021. The company had said that due to a fault in the plant's machine, these parts got damaged. All the units were produced between September 7 and December 25, 2020.
5. Royal Enfield Recall: In May 2021, Royal Enfield recalled 2,36,966 units of Bullet 350, Classic 350 and Meteor 350 due to fear of short circuit. All these were manufactured between December 2020 and April 2021.