Winning Bizness Desk
Mumbai. The dispute between Elon Musk and Twitter deal is not ending as a new controversy has arisen with Musk accussing Twitter CEO Parag Agarwal of destroying evidence related to security negligence. However, Twitter has called it baseless. The world's richest man said, "Twitter executives ordered former Twitter security chief Peter Jetko, who raised the security issue, to destroy evidence of wrongdoing." He said that the former security chief himself has admitted this in the document filed in the court. JETCO said the company had ordered them to destroy 10 handwritten notebooks and 100 computer files before parting ways under an agreement. Documents show that the notes contained important security notes collected during JETCO's tenure as security chief.
'Twitter ws successful in destroying evidence'
Elon Musk's lawyers allege in court on October 10 that while Twitter failed to buy JETCO, it was successful in destroying solid evidence. However, no statement has come from Twitter so far regarding Musk's allegations in this case. While testifying before the Senate Judiciary Committee in September, Jetco courted controversy in Washington by saying that Twitter's recklessness for computer security also threatened US national security. Twitter CEO Parag Agarwal, on the other hand, has termed JETCO's disclosures as false and wrong. Twitter claims that Jetco was fired from the company in January due to poor performance and that it misrepresented the company's privacy and data protection policy, which did not mention security flaws.
Deal may complete this month
At first, Elon Musk was ready to buy Twitter for $ 44 billion, but later he canceled the deal citing security issues. However, Musk changed his mind last week and again expressed his desire to buy the company for $54.20 a share. The court has given Musk until October 28 to complete the deal.