Winning Bizness Desk
Mumbai. The last date for filing Income Tax Return (ITR) for the financial year 2021-22 has passed and if you have filed ITR, then now its verification is also necessary. Without this the form is considered incomplete. The last step to file ITR is verification, not form submission. You can verify it online only. We are telling you the process of online verification.
Here is the process of income tax verification
- * Aadhaar to PAN is a must to verify income tax return file.
- * First of all login to the e-filing portalhttp://incometax.gov.in/After this you will get the option of e-file on the next page at the top.
- * Here you have to go to the Income Tax Return section and select E-Verify Return.
- * After this whatever return you have filed will be visible.
- * Then click on e-Verify link and select Verify Return Using Aadhaar OTP option.
- * As soon as you do this, a message will come on your registered mobile number through which you can do the verification.
- * After entering this one time password on the Income Tax Department website, if you click on the submit button, then your ITR will be verified.
Verification must be done within 30 days
The process of filing income tax return without verification is considered incomplete and only after verification, the Income Tax Department processes your ITR. Apart from this, if the ITR is not verified, then your refund will be stuck. Earlier, verification had to be done up to 120 days from the date of filing the return, but now this time has been reduced to 30 days. If you do not do the verification then your ITR will not be considered as filed.
5 crore 83 people filed returns
For the financial year 2021-22, 5 crore 83 people have filed Income Tax Return (ITR). According to the Income Tax Department, 72.42 lakh returns were filed on the last date i.e. 31st July.
What to do if not filed ITR till now?
The Income Tax Department has not extended the date for filing income tax returns for the financial year 2021-22. The last date for filing ITR was July 31, 2022. In such a situation, if you have not filed ITR yet, then for this you will have to pay a late fee. If the annual income of an individual taxpayer is more than Rs 5 lakh, then he will have to pay a late fee of Rs 5000. If the taxpayer's annual income is less than Rs 5 lakh, then he will have to pay Rs 1,000 as late fee.